So many lullabies have been sung over the course of my kiddo’s 2 1/2 years earth-side that a running repertoire has naturally come together. A coalescence of songs that have struck a chord, stood the test of time, or simply struck our fancy. Songs to choose from in lullaby land. I change up the order, but bedtime always includes a few songs from this list.
Some are songs my mom used to soothe me back to sleep after a bad dream in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning. Others come from movies, musicals, or songs I liked as a kid. (I remember jumping on my bed to Yellow Submarine). And there are a few from the Elizabeth Mitchell Pandora station, (recommended to me by some wonderful ladies from my local mom’s Facebook group).
Do you have certain go-to lullabies? Are any of these on your list too?
- Hush Little Baby – Lullaby my mom used to sing to me
- Froggy Went a Courtin’ – Elizabeth Mitchell
- Little Bird – Elizabeth Mitchell
- My Neighbor Totoro – opening and closing songs
- Kiki’s Delivery Service – opening and closing songs
- Yellow Submarine – The Beatles
- Hey Jude – The Beatles
- Just a Spoonful of Sugar – Mary Poppins
- Chim Chim Cher-ee – Mary Poppins
- Everybody Wants To Be a Cat – The Aristocats
- Robbin Hood and Little John – Disney’s Robbin Hood
- The Bare Necessities – The Jungle Book
- I’m Just a Little Black Raincloud – Winnie The Pooh